It is a rewarding feeling to take care of as many home renovation and maintenance tasks as you possibly can. However, it is wise to step back and ponder whether some projects should be done by professionals instead. Dealing with a dirty roof with algae, black streaks, and debris is something you shouldn’t do yourself. You will get a better result by calling a roof cleaning company. Here are some benefits and reasons to consider:
- The danger of roof damage- A roof cleaning company knows how to clean your roof carefully. DIY methods can damage the roofing material.
- The health dangers- Safety protocols must be in place to safely remove the algae, bacteria, mold, and allergens so they do not affect your health and that of your family.
- Avoid voiding your roof warranty- If your roof is still under warranty, read the documentation carefully. Some roof material warranties have verbiage that voids the contract if a professional roof cleaning company doesn’t do the roof cleaning.
- The danger of being on the roof- There are two potentially serious outcomes of climbing on your roof to clean it. You could fall, or you could damage your roof.
- The algae could return rather quickly- DIY roof cleaning is not effective in the long-term. The techniques that a roof cleaning company uses give lasting results, usually backed by a guarantee.
- It is harder than it looks- It can take several hours, or even days, for a homeowner to handle roof cleaning. Leave it for a professional and use your time for something more enjoyable!
If you are looking for a roof cleaning company that you can trust to do a good job, call on us at Roof Eraser. We have been doing this for 16 years and back our work with a 3-year streak-free guarantee. Call today to learn more or to schedule an appointment.